CrossKey is a USB key that is used to activate hardware-locked CrossWorks shared developer licenses and replaces the Gemalto Sentinel SuperPro devices.
- CrossWorks for ARM version 4.8.4 and above
- CrossWorks for MSP430 version 3.2.0 and above
- Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista
- macOS 12 Monterey, macOS 11 Big Sur, macOS 10.15 Catalina, macOS 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra
- Linux kernel 3.4 and above - CrossKey should work with any Linux distribution that matches this criteria however we test primarily with Ubuntu distributions. CrossKey has been tested on all releases of Ubuntu from 16.04 LTS to 20.04 LTS
Installing on Windows
The CrossKey Windows device driver is installed as part of the CrossWorks installation, no other software or drivers need to be installed
Should you need to manually install the Windows device driver, it is located in the $(StudioDir)/bin/devices/crosskey directory of the CrossWorks installation
Installing on Linux
No additional software or drivers need to be installed to use CrossKey on Linux.
Installing on macOS
No additional software or drivers need to be installed to use CrossKey on macOS.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are currently using a Gemalto Sentinel SuperPro device to activate our CrossWorks shared developer license, do we need to exchange it for a CrossKey?
No, we will still support the Sentinel device on platforms that Gemalto continue to support.